- Backings/Stabilizers – non-woven polyester fiber that is placed under the material to be embroidered and hooped together. The correct choice of backing depends on the weight and color of the material being decorated and the stitch length, density, and size of the embroidery design.
- The baking should be slightly lighter in weight than the material being decorated. Propper use of backing has a significant impact on the pulling, sagging, or puckering of the final product.
- Main Types:
- Cut Away – Ideal for knits, sweaters, fleece, and stretchy fabrics. Recommended for use on items that are worn against the skin.
- Tear Away – Ideal for sturdy fabrics, such as denim, twill, leather, or towels. Excess is torn away from the embroidered design. Typically used on items that are not worn or that the back-side of the embroidery is exposed, such as totes, blankets, towels, and sheet sets.
- Toppings – Used to prevent the embroidery design from “sinking” when embroidering materials with a texture or nap, such as towels, fleece, and pique garments. Is water-soluble and is dissolved with steam or water.
- Embroidery Thread-
- Adhesive Sprays-
Sarasota Embroidery and Screen Printing Workshop specializing in custom decorated apparel and gifts for all your business, leisure and gift needs.
Whether you are starting a business, building a brand, or adding a personal touch, Say It With Stitches, Inc. (dba Company Outfitters) is here to help.
We take great pride in providing our clients and customers with personalized service to provide the best quality decorated apparel and products in the Gulf Coast.